Ruth Fertel Biography
Ruth Fertel, who was born on 5th January in Louisiana in the year 1927, is a well-known entrepreneur. She is famous for her the successful chains of restaurants that she opened along with Bob Wian. She is on the list in a renowned entrepreneur’s list. She is also the owner of Ruth’s Chris Steak Houses. She died on 16th April 2002, when she was 75 years of age.
Ruth Fertel was an old aged lady who has a very successful career and got immense fame and wealth from her restaurant. Nothing is precisely known about her height, weight, and physical measurements. However, she was a decent lady with a sweet dressing sense.
Birth And Family
Ruth Fertel came to this world on 5th January in Louisiana in the year 1927 to a poor American family of modest means. She was a very successful American businessman. She founded the famous Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse chain, although she hadn’t any previous experience of any business or restaurant. She was famously named “Empress of Steak.”
A 15 years old girl named Ruth Udstad did her graduation from high school in the year 1942. After that, she got admission to Louisiana State University situated in Baton Rouge, where she obtained a degree in the subjects of physics and chemistry at the age of 19 years. After her successful educational career, she started teaching at John McNeese Junior College and taught there for over two semesters in 1946.
Physical Stats & More
|Ruth’s Chris Steak Houses
|Date of Birth
|February 5, 1927
|Date of death
|Apr 16, 2002
Relationships & Affairs
|Wife / husband
|$1 Million – $5 Million
After her educational career, she taught two semesters at John McNeese Junior College in the year 1946. After two years in 1948, she married Rodney Fertal, from which she gave birth to two children. After 10 years of her married life, she got divorced and started finding a job to feed her children. She made a career as a lab technician for some time. While searching for business opportunities, she, by chance, got a chance to discover Chris’ Steak House, a restaurant for sale in Orleans. She motivated her mother to buy that restaurant and worked hard to run it. Soon it began earning her income and became very famous. Then she made her franchises. In 1977 she sold her 1st franchise. In 1993 she opened the 2nd branch and many more. When she died, she had approximately 82 branches worldwide, making a chain of restaurants in 1999.
Ruth Fertel married the love of her life in October in the year 1948 with Rodney Fertel. After marriage, they together opened a racing stable in Baton Rouge. She became the first female horse trainer when she obtained her horse training certificate in Louisiana. However, in the year 1958, due to some personal issues, they got divorced. Together they had two sons named Jerry and Randy. In the year 2000, she was diagnosed with lung cancer, and she died at the age of 75 years in 2002.
Ruth Fertel Net Worth
Ruth Fertel was regarded as one of the most successful and wealthiest entrepreneurs with a net worth of approximately $1 -$5 million, with which she lived a good life with her sons after being divorced.
Awards and Achievements
She got many awards including
- Entrepreneur of the Year.
- The Elle Brennan Savoir Faire Award (2001).
- The Distinguished Restaurants of North America Hall of Fame.
Interesting facts of Ruth Fertel
- Ruth Fertel was born on 5th January in Louisiana in the year 1927.
- She is a well-known entrepreneur.
- She is famous for her the successful chains of restaurants which she opened along with Bob Wian
- She is also the owner of Ruth’s Chris Steak Houses.
- She was famously named “Empress of Steak.”
- She taught two semesters at John McNeese Junior College in the year 1946.
- she got married to Rodney Fertal, from which she gave birth to two children.
- After 10 years of her married life, she got divorced and started finding a job to feed her children
- She died on 16th April 2002, when she was 75 years of age.
- When she died, she had approximately 82 branches of it worldwide, making a chain of restaurants in 1999.